Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Does the PA Treasury have your unclaimed property? Look inside to find out!

Does the PA Treasury have your unclaimed property? Look inside to find out!

 

 

Easing traffic stops for those with difficulty communicating

Traffic stops by law enforcement are often stressful to begin with –  imagine if you had difficulty communicating effectively. I was happy to work with Rep. Brandon Markosek to help move this legislation forward! House Bill 1700 would add a designation for people who have difficulty communicating on their driver’s licenses.

It would go a long way to help avoid confusion during traffic stops, easing tensions for drivers and law enforcement.

 

Important Voting Information

Remember, elections happen more than just every four years – and each vote is a chance to shape the future you want to see.

 

Some key dates to keep in mind for 2026:

 

LAST DAY TO REGISTER TO VOTE: October 19

Register to vote here 

 

LAST DAY TO APPLY FOR MAIL-IN BALLOT OR ABSENTEE BALLOT: October 27

Apply for a mail-in ballot here

 

GENERAL ELECTION DATE: November 3; polls are open for in-person voting from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.

 

Click here to find your polling place.

 

If you plan to vote by mail but get too close to Election Day to mail your completed ballot, the city has several secure ballot drop boxes and satellite election offices available to ensure your vote is counted.

 

Just remember to get your completed ballot there by 8 p.m. on Nov. 3.

 

Find your local drop box here.

 

Here is a list of Satellite Offices around the city.

 

PA college students: Not sure where to vote this fall? You can register at your campus address or your home address. Learn more: vote.pa.gov/College

 

Save the Dates

 

 

Grant opportunties available

Did you know that your nonprofit, municipality, school, or other organization can apply for state funding to support initiatives such as security upgrades, facility renovations, maintenance, and more?

 

Click here to see what funding opportunities are available to you, and please don’t hesitate to contact my office for assistance or a letter of support.

 

 

Pennie Open Enrollment Begins November 1st!

Pennie’s official Open Enrollment period for 2027 coverage runs from November 1, 2026, through January 15, 2027, with December 15, 2026, as the cutoff for coverage starting January 1, 2027.

 

To learn more about Pennie, visit Home | Pennie - PA’s Official Health Insurance Marketplace.

 

 

SENIORS: My office can help you get your SEPTA Senior Fare Card

Apply for your SEPTA Senior Fare Card! If you're 65 or older, our office can help you complete your application. We'll submit your information and ID photo directly to SEPTA, and your card will arrive by mail within a few weeks. We can also assist with renewals and replacement cards. No appointment is necessary, just walk in anytime!

 

 

Does the PA Treasury have your unclaimed property?

Did you know that 1 in 10 Pennsylvanians has unclaimed property held by the Pennsylvania Treasury? These funds often come from things like forgotten bank accounts, security deposits, or uncashed checks.

 

My office is happy to assist you in searching for unclaimed property and filing claims, including submitting all necessary paperwork to the Pennsylvania Treasury.

If you want to check to see if you have any unclaimed property in Pennsylvania, visit: https://www.patreasury.gov/unclaimed-property/.

 

Rep. Neilson's Traffic Alerts

Demolition to Close I-76 Next Week, Continuously Next Weekend in Center City Philadelphia

The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation announced that Market Street Bridge demolition will close a section of Interstate 76 (Schuylkill Expressway) at night next week and continuously next weekend.

  • Sunday, October 4, through Thursday, October 8, from 9:00 PM to 5:00 AM the following morning, either eastbound or westbound I-76 (Schuylkill Expressway) will be closed and detoured between the I-676 and 30th Street interchanges.
  • From 9:00 PM Friday, October 9, to 5:00 AM Monday, October 12, I-76 (Schuylkill Expressway) will be closed in both directions between the I-676 and 30th Street interchanges.

The direction of the closure on Sunday, October 4, through Thursday, October 8, will be determined by the progression of the demolition and events at the sports complex in South Philadelphia.

 

During the closure, eastbound I-76 (Schuylkill Expressway) drivers will be directed to exit at Arch Street/30th Street, turn left on Chestnut Street, and turn right onto Schuylkill Avenue to access the ramp to I-76 (Schuylkill Expressway) at Walnut Street.

 

Westbound I-76 (Schuylkill Expressway) drivers will exit at Walnut Street and follow Schuylkill Avenue to the ramps to I-76 (Schuylkill Expressway) and I-676.

 

Bridge Repair Next Weekend on Interstate 95 South in South Philadelphia

  • From 11:00 PM Friday, October 9, to 5:00 AM Monday, October 12, a lane closure will be in place on southbound I-95 between Oregon Avenue and Front Street.

New Traffic Pattern Preparations Continue Under First Major Phase of I-95 Reconstruction at Allegheny Avenue in Northeast

• Monday, October 5, through Friday, October 9, from 7:00 PM to 6:00 AM the following morning, lane closures are planned on northbound and southbound I-95 between the Allegheny Avenue and Betsy Ross Bridge interchanges for a traffic shift.

~ New traffic pattern expected to be in place by October 10

New Traffic Pattern Setup on I-95 Reconstruction at Allegheny in Philadelphia

New northbound work zone pattern expected to be fully in place by October 10

  • Monday, October 5, through Thursday, October 8, from 9:00 PM to 5:00 AM the following morning, the ramp from Castor Avenue to northbound I-95 will be closed and detoured. Drivers on Castor Avenue will be directed north on Aramingo Avenue and left on Adams Avenue to access the northbound I-95 on-ramp at the Betsy Ross Bridge Interchange. Drivers on Delaware Avenue will be directed east on Venango Street, right on Balfour Avenue, left on Castor Avenue, north on Aramingo Avenue and left on Adams Avenue to access the northbound I-95 on-ramp at the Betsy Ross Bridge Interchange. 
  • Monday, October 5, through Friday, October 9, from 9:00 PM to 5:00 AM the following morning, lane closures will be in place on northbound and southbound I-95 between the Betsy Ross Bridge and Allegheny Avenue interchanges.
  • From 9:00 PM Friday, October 9, to 5:00 AM Monday, October 12, Venango Street will be closed and detoured between Richmond Street and Balfour Street for overhead bridge demolition. Drivers will be detoured to Richmond Street, Castor Avenue, and Balfour Street around the closure.

Overhead Bridge Construction to Close Section of Tacony Street in Northeast Philadelphia

  • Monday, October 5, through Friday, October 16, from 7:00 PM to 5:00 AM the following morning, Tacony Street will be closed and detoured weeknights between Aramingo Avenue and Bridge Street.

During the closure, northbound Tacony Street motorists will be directed to use Aramingo/Harbison Avenue and turn right onto Bridge Street to access Tacony Street. Southbound motorists will be directed to turn right onto Bridge Street and turn left onto Aramingo/Harbison Avenue to access Tacony Street.

Drivers are reminded that southbound Tacony Street is reduced to one lane between Bridge Street and Van Kirk Street through late 2027 for I-95 construction

Daytime ITS Repair Planned Next Tuesday on I-95 South in Northeast Philadelphia

  • Tuesday, October 6, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, a right lane closure will be in place on southbound I-95 between the Academy Road and Cottman Avenue interchanges for traffic camera repair.

 

Travelers can check conditions on major roads by visiting www.511PA.com.

 

 

If you need help with any state government-related program, please don’t hesitate to contact my office.

 

Sincerely,

 

Pennsylvania State Capitol

127 Irvis Office Building

PO Box 202174

Harrisburg, PA 17120-2174
(717) 772-4032

District Office

16 Old Ashton Road
Philadelphia, PA 19152
(215) 330-3714

 

X

 

Facebook

Unsubscribe from future updates