Nomination period for annual Charlie Vizzini Volunteerism Award extended
Deadline for nominations extended until Aug. 2
EBENSBURG, July 23 – State Rep. Frank Burns, D-Cambria, announced today he is extending the submission window for the nominations for the annual Charlie Vizzini Volunteerism Award.
The annual award recognizes people who have made significant contributions to their communities through their volunteer work. The nominations period has been extended through Aug. 2. People seeking further information can contact his office at 814-736-7339.
“Through this award, we’re trying to recognize someone in the district who has volunteered to make the community a better place,” Burns said. “If you know of someone who should be recognized for their selfless efforts to improve the lives of others, please consider submitting a nomination.”
Given to an outstanding volunteer in the 72nd Legislative District, the award was created in honor of Charlie Vizzini, who volunteered more than 8,000 hours in Burns’ legislative office – fielding more than 1,000 constituent service matters and saving taxpayers more than $100,000.
To be eligible, one must:
- Be a resident living within Burns’ 72nd Legislative District.
- Regularly volunteer to make the community a better place to live.
- Be able to verify any stated volunteerism.
Written nominations should include:
- The name and contact information of the person making the nomination, and the name and contact information for the person being nominated.
- An essay of no more than 1,000 words explaining why the person deserves the award and what they have done for their community.
The nomination deadline has been extended to Aug. 2. Nominations should be mailed or delivered to Burns’ Portage office, 112-A Munster Road, Portage, 15946.
No nominations will be accepted via email.