House Democratic Policy Committee-PA Legislative Black Caucus to hold sixth hearing on Police Reform Friday in Capitol
HARRISBURG, Sept. 22 – State Rep. Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster, and state Rep. Stephen Kinsey, D-Phila., announced today that the House Democratic Policy Committee and the Pennsylvania Legislative Black Caucus will hold its sixth hearing on police reform and community solutions.
Requested by state Rep. Brian Kirkland, D-Delaware, HDPC chair Sturla and PLBC chair Kinsey said this hearing will focus on the Chester region.
The hearing will be held at 10 a.m. Friday, Sept. 25 in Room G-50 Irvis Office Building in Harrisburg. The media and public are urged to watch the livestream at www.pahouse.com/live.
Testifiers will participate remotely while members will participate in-person and remotely.
Testifiers will include:
- Steven Gretsky, deputy police commissioner, Chester Police Department.
- Jason Harmon, assistant district attorney, Delaware County.
- Cornelius Newsome, advocate, Making A Change Group.
- Jean-Pierre Brice, community resource consultant, Chester Partnership for Safe Neighborhoods.
- Aaron Bekemeyer, Ph.D. candidate, Harvard University.
Following the hearing, testimony and full hearing video will be posted at www.pahouse.com/policycommittee.