House Democratic Policy Committee-PA Legislative Black Caucus to hold third hearing on Police Reform Wednesday in Capitol
HARRISBURG, Aug. 3 – State Rep. Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster, and state Rep. Stephen Kinsey, D-Phila., announced today that the House Democratic Policy Committee and the Pennsylvania Legislative Black Caucus will hold its third hearing on police reform.
The hearing will be held at 1 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 6 in Room G-50 Irvis Office Building in the Capitol Complex. The media and public are invited to watch the livestream at www.pahouse.com/live.
Requested by state Rep. Carol Hill-Evans, D-York, HDPC Chair Sturla and PLBC Chair Kinsey said this hearing will focus on the York region. Testifiers and members will participate in person and remotely.
Testifiers will include:
- Police Commissioner Osborne (Moe) Robinson, City of York Police Department.
- Police Chief Timothy Damon, York Area Regional Police Department and president of York County Chief of Police Association.
- Bishop Carl Scott, Bible Tabernacle Christian Center and former president of Black Ministers Association of York County.
- Pastor Dr. Ramona Kinard, Wheatfield Church of the Living God and BMAYC vice president.
- Senior Pastor Bill Kerney, Covenant Family Ministries and BMAYC president.
- Rev. Aaron Anderson, CEO of Logos Academy and BMAYC member.
Following the hearing, testimonies and full hearing video will be posted at www.pahouse.com/policycommittee.