Cannabis and Social Justice: The Impacts of Criminalization
Policy Committee to explore the impact of cannabis criminalization in PA
Policy Committee February 28, 2022 | 12:31 PM
PHILADELPHIA, Feb. 28 – Arrests for marijuana possession make up 42 percent of all drug arrests in Pennsylvania and nearly two-thirds of those arrests are people of color. The House Democratic Policy Committee will examine these facts and the impact of cannabis criminalization in Pennsylvania.
The hearing will be hosted by Rep. Amen Brown, D-Phila., at 1 p.m. Tuesday, March 1 on the 5th Floor of 2.0 University Place, 30 N. 41st St.
Hosts and Testifiers:
- Hosted by: Brown, joined by Chair Ryan Bizzarro and members of the House Democratic Policy Committee.
- Testimony by:
- Andrea Lindsay, lead investigator and mitigation specialist, Philadelphia Lawyers for Social Equity.
- Jervonne Singletary, director of government and regulatory affairs, GoodBlend PA.
- Lester Hollis, Hollis Ventures LLC.
- Benjamin Pascal, chief business officer, Invisible Sentinel.
- Isaac “Ikey Raw” Gardner, Unsolved Murders in Philly & Impacted Citizen.
- Andrea Foster, president, Westpark Apartments Resident Council.
Information about this and other House Democratic Policy Committee hearings can be found at www.pahouse.com/policycommittee.