Hearing to address corporate consolidation of health care facilities in Northeastern PA
STROUDSBURG, Oct. 15 – Highlighting an alarming national trend that deeply affects local communities, state Rep. Maureen Madden, chair of the House Democratic Caucus Northeast Delegation, hosted a House Democratic Policy Committee public hearing titled “Navigating Health Care Consolidation.”
The hearing was held from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Monday, Oct. 18 at the Eastern Monroe Public Library, 1002 N. Ninth St., Stroudsburg, PA 18360.
Madden invited regional experts to discuss the trend of health care consolidation, what it means for communities, and its impact on workers and the services and resources typically provided by hospitals and other local health care facilities.
In-person testifiers include:
- John Nespoli, president, St. Luke’s Hospital Lehighton.
- Maggie Murphy, executive director, NAMI Lehigh Valley.
- Margo Opsasnick, chief executive officer, Delta Medix.
- Maddie Lopez-Vazquez, president, SEIU Pocono Chapter, Lehigh Valley Hospital.
- Kristin Volchansky, political & advocacy organizer for Action Together NEPA.
Submitting written testimony:
- Mark Reisinger, chief government relations officer, Geisinger.
- Antoinette Kraus, executive director, PA Health Access Network.
Agenda + Testimony
Media Release + News Coverage
Hearing Video + Photos