Cannabis and Social Justice: The Impacts of Criminalization
Policy Committee March 1, 2022
Arrests for marijuana possession make up 42 percent of all drug arrests in Pennsylvania and nearly two-thirds of those arrests are people of color. The House Democratic Policy Committee examined these facts and the impact of cannabis criminalization in Pennsylvania.
The hearing was hosted by Rep. Amen Brown in Philadelphia on Tuesday, March 1 at 1 p.m. Tuesday, March 1 on the 5th Floor of 2.0 University Place, 30 N. 41st St.
Host + Testifiers
- Hosted by: Rep. Amen Brown
- Testimony by:
- Andrea Lindsay, lead investigator and mitigation specialist, Philadelphia Lawyers for Social Equity.
- Jervonne Singletary, director of government and regulatory affairs, GoodBlend PA.
- Lester Hollis, Hollis Ventures LLC.
- Benjamin Pascal, chief business officer, Invisible Sentinel.
- Isaac “Ikey Raw” Gardner, Unsolved Murders in Philly & Impacted Citizen.
- Andrea Foster, president, Westpark Apartments Resident Council.
Agenda + Testimony
Media Release + News Coverage
Video + Photos