PHILADELPHIA, April 4 – The Subcommittee on Progressive Policies for Working People hosted a policy hearing to discuss how the conditions in Pennsylvania schools are impacting students and educators and explore potential legislative solutions to address health and safety concerns.
The hearing was held at 3 p.m. Tuesday, April 5 the Seafarers’ Union Hall, 2604 S. 4th St., Philadelphia, 19148.
Host + Testifiers
- Hosted by: Subcommittee on Progressive Policies for Working People and Subcommittee Chair Elizabeth Fiedler
- Testimony by:
- Jerry Roseman, Director of Environmental Science and Occupational Safety, Philadelphia Federation of Teachers
- Dr. Akira Drake Rodriguez, Assistant Professor, University of Penn Weitzman School of Design
- Iggy Fletcher, Instructor, IBEW Local 98
- Jordan Crolly, Solar Energy Technology Teacher, Frankford High School Bright Solar Futures Academy
- Edy Lai, 9th Grade Student, Furness High School
Agenda + Testimony
Media Release + News Coverage
Video + Photos