Safe Streets: ATVs and dirt bikes
ALLENTOWN, May 3 - Across Pennsylvania, ATV riders and dirt bike enthusiasts take to the streets, terrorize law-abiding traffic, and threaten the safety of themselves and anyone in their path. Lawmakers convened in Lehigh County with those working hard to keep roadways and everyday commuters safe from ATVs and dirt bikes menacing our communities.
The hearing was hosted by Rep. Pete Schweyer and took place at the Lehigh County Government Center, 17 S 7th St., Allentown, PA 18101 on Tuesday, May 3, 2022 at 2:00 p.m.
Host + Testifiers
- Hosts: Rep. Peter Schweyer, D-Lehigh
- Charles Roca, chief, Allentown Police
- Mike Rebert, executive director, Pennsylvania Department of Transportation
- Jason Albright, assistant state forester for the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources
- Daysell Ramirez, Allentown resident
Agenda + Testimony
Media Release + News Coverage
- Policy hearing discusses ATVs and dirt bikes terrorizing PA streets, May 3, 2022
- Lehigh Valley Live, More than 200 calls this year for illegal dirt bikes and ATVs in Allentown, chief says, May 3, 2022
- Morning Call, Pennsylvania lawmakers consider increased penalties to address dirt bikes that are ‘terrorizing’ PA streets, May 4, 2022
- WFMZ, Hearing in Allentown held over illegal use of dirt bikes, ATVs, May 3, 2022
Video + Photos