Hearing explores what happens without PA School Audit Bureau
After more than 30 years of operation in the office of the Pennsylvania Auditor General, the School Audit Bureau is closed. As of April 22, 2022, Pennsylvania's School Audit Bureau was closed and the responsibility of auditing schools across the Commonwealth now falls on the Department of Education.
During a hearing, lawmakers sought to understand why this decision was made and who will now ensure all schools in PA uphold their fiduciary responsibility to students and taxpayers.
Host + Testifiers
- Hosts: Rep. Joe Ciresi and Chair Ryan Bizzarro
- Michael Lamb, Controller, City of Pittsburgh
- Tracy Royston, Controller, Allegheny County
- Sherri Smith, Deputy Secretary of Elementary and Secondary Education, Department of Education
- Donna Cooper, Executive Director, Children First
- Dr. Michele Sellitto, former State Director, Pennsylvania School Audit Bureau, Office of the Auditor General
Agenda + Testimony
Media Release + News Coverage
Video + Photos