Powering Pennsylvania: Fusion Energy
PITTSBURGH, AUG. 9-- Experts testified before the PA House Democratic Policy Committee Tuesday detailing the numerous benefits of fusion power and its potential to drive job creation as well as offer consumers a clean baseload energy source. Rep. Emily Kinkead, D-Allegheny, hosted the hearing on the low-carbon, clean-energy source that is more powerful than conventional fission energy. The hearing, titled “Powering Pennsylvania: Fusion Energy,” was held at the K&L Gates Center in Pittsburgh on Tuesday, August 9, from 10 a.m.- 12 p.m.
Host + Testifiers
- Hosts: Reps. Emily Kinkead (D-Allegheny) and Ryan Bizzarro (D-Erie)
- Matthew Moynihan, PhD, Nuclear Fusion Consultant, Business Owner, Member of the US Fusion Industry Association
- Kristen Cullen, Head of Public Affairs, Commonwealth Fusion Systems
- Caroline Anderson, Manager for Outreach, Fusion Industry Association
- Kieran Furlong, CEO, Realta Fusion
- Mac Hatch, Vice President of Strategy, MetOx Technologies, Inc.
- Ed LaHoda, Consulting Engineer, Westinghouse Electric Co. LLC
Agenda + Testimony
Media Release + News Coverage