Rabb to host Policy Committee hearing on voting and elections Tuesday in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA, Feb. 21 – Rep. Chris Rabb, D-Phila., will host a House Democratic Policy Committee hearing on voting and elections next week.
The hearing will be held at 4 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 25 at United Lutheran Seminary, The Brossman Center, 7301 Germantown Ave., Philadelphia, 19119.
Rabb requested the hearing to discuss the changes to Pennsylvania’s voting laws with Act 77 of 2019 – the most comprehensive changes to the state’s election laws in more than 80 years – and how those changes will affect voters starting this year. He will be joined by fellow legislators from across the state, including Policy Committee Chairman Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster.
The current agenda is:
- p.m. Welcome and Opening Remarks
4:10 p.m. Panel One:
- Rachel Boss, Community Impact Manager in Bureau of Campaign Finance and Civic Engagement, Pa. Department of State
- Omar Sabir, City Commissioner, City of Philadelphia
4:50 p.m. Panel Two:
- Patrick Christmas, Policy Director, Committee of Seventy
- Marc Stier, Director, Pennsylvania Budget and Policy Center
5:30 p.m. Panel Three:
- Sara Mullen, Associate Director, ACLU of Pennsylvania
- Kendra Cochran, Statewide Voter Engagement Coordinator, POWER Interfaith
6:10 p.m. Closing Remarks
This hearing is among a series being held across the state on House Democrats’ Plan4PA, focused on good jobs, affordable and accessible health care, quality schools and providing training for jobs in a fair economy. More information about the plan is available at www.plan4pa.com and hearing materials are at www.pahouse.com/policycommittee.