Rozzi: Advocates to lobby for statute of limitations reform bills
HARRISBURG, April 14 – State Rep. Mark Rozzi, D-Berks, announced today that survivors and advocates for statute of limitations reform in cases of child sexual abuse will be at the state Capitol to encourage House Judiciary Committee action on bipartisan legislation to protect victims better.
Rozzi will emcee the statute of limitation reform news conference to be held at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 15 on the front steps of the Main Capitol Building, Harrisburg. In case of inclement weather, the event will be held in the East Wing Rotunda.
Reps. Louise Williams Bishop and Mike O’Brien, both D-Phila., and Tom Murt, R-Montgomery/Phila., will attend the event and speak in support of their legislative reforms.
Special guest speakers at the lobby day news conference are scheduled to include:
- Father James Connell, Archdiocese of Milwaukee parish priest representing the organization Catholic Whistleblowers
- Dr. Robert Hoatson, co-founder of Road to Recovery, former Catholic priest with the Archdiocese of Newark
- Matt Sandusky, Peaceful Hearts Foundation
- Kristen Pfautz Woollery, founder of Turning Point Women’s Counseling & Advocacy Center, York
- Marci Hamilton, leading church/state scholar, constitutional law expert and author of "Justice Denied: What America must do to protect its children"
- Victims and advocates featured in Rozzi's documentary "You Have the Power…To Make This Right"
Rozzi said that Father Connell has also extended an invitation to all Pennsylvania bishops to attend the event.