Schweyer to host House Democratic Policy Committee hearing on health care access Wednesday in Allentown
ALLENTOWN, Jan. 5 – State Rep. Pete Schweyer, D-Lehigh, will host a House Democratic Policy Committee hearing to discuss health care access at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 10 at the Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Network’s Health and Technology Center, Main Level Conference Room, 850 S. 5th St., Allentown.
Schweyer requested the hearing to discuss the need for improved health care access with policy experts, some of whom provide care to the most vulnerable citizens. State legislators from all over the commonwealth will be in attendance, including Policy Committee Chairman Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster. Health care access is part of the House Democrats’ Plan4PA.
The current agenda is:
2 p.m. Welcome and Opening Remarks
- John Kristel, president & CEO, Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Network
2:10 p.m. Panel One:
- Dr. David Burnmeister, chairman of Department of Emergency & Hospital Medicine, Lehigh Valley Health Network
- Alan Jennings, executive director, Community Action Committee of the Lehigh Valley, Inc.
2:40 p.m. Panel Two:
- Melissa Miranda, executive director, Neighborhood Health Centers of the Lehigh Valley
- Deb Gilbert, director of the Parish Nursing/Community Outreach Department, Sacred Heart Healthcare System
- Kelly Berk, network director of maternal child health initiatives for Nurse-Family Partnership, St. Luke’s University Health Network
3:20 p.m. Panel Three:
- Maggie Murphy, director, NAMI Lehigh Valley
- Dr. Michelle Wasno, dentist, Wasno Dental
- Dr. Mark Dalton, optometrist, Allentown Vision Care
4 p.m. Closing Remarks
Visit www.planforpa.pahouse.com for additional information about the Plan4PA and www.pahouse.com/policycommittee for Policy Committee materials.