Sims to hold town hall meeting Feb. 12
PHILADELPHIA, Jan. 28 – State Rep. Brian Sims, D-Phila., will soon hold his first town hall meeting of 2015 for residents of the 182nd Legislative District.
The meeting will be held from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Feb. 12 in the Bonnell Large Auditorium, Community College of Philadelphia, 1700 Spring Garden St. The auditorium is located on 16th Street between Callowhill and Spring Garden streets.
"This is an opportunity to ask me about issues that matter to you so I can better represent you in Harrisburg," Sims said.
The 182nd District includes Rittenhouse, Fitler and Logan Squares, the Gayborhood and parts of Washington Square West, Bella Vista, Hawthorne, Graduate Hospital and Queen Village.
Sims said, "In addition to seeking to restore vital school funding, addressing the $2 billion deficit Governor Corbett left, and reversing the drastic decline in Pennsylvania's job-creation record, I will continue working with allies from both parties to reintroduce and co-sponsor legislation on other important issues," such as:
- LGBT equality, including equal protections in the workplace and a ban on harmful "conversion therapy" for minors;
- sustainable development and manufacturing;
- merit selection of judges;
- fair compensation for people harmed by a local government's action or inaction – like Philadelphians who only got 19 cents on the dollar for electrical and water damage done to their homes by a 4-foot-wide water main break in 2012; and
- proactive women's health initiatives, including equal pay legislation.
Residents who plan to attend the town hall meeting can RSVP to Sims' office at 215-246-1501 or RepSims@pahouse.net.