Sims to host House Democratic Policy Committee hearing on equal pay Friday in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA, April 24 – As part of the House Democratic Caucus’ Plan4PA, state Rep. Brian Sims, D-Phila., will host a House Democratic Policy Committee public hearing on House Bill 1243 calling for equal pay regardless of gender or other factors.
The hearing will be held at 10 a.m. Friday, April 27 at the Kimmel Center, Hamilton Gardens, 300 South Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102.
Sims requested the hearing to spark discussion on strengthening the Equal Pay Law to provide additional protections for all employees and to ensure wages are based on education, training and experience. The measure is part of House Democrats’ Plan4Pam focusing on putting People First with good jobs and family sustaining wages. Sims will be joined by state legislators from across the state, including Policy Committee Chairman Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster.
The current agenda is:
10:00 a.m. Welcome and Opening Remarks
10:10 a.m. Panel One:
- Susan Carty, President, League of Women Voters Pennsylvania
- Heather Arnet, CEO, Women & Girls Foundation
- Barbara Price, Public Policy Co-Chair, American Association of University Women (AAUW) of Pennsylvania
- Terry Fromson, Managing Attorney, Women’s Law Project
10:50 a.m. Panel Two:
- Andrea Mead, Chief of Staff to the First Lady, Office of Governor Tom Wolf
- Rebecca Rhynhart, Philadelphia City Controller
- Melissa Robbins, Delegate, Pennsylvania NOW
11:20 a.m. Closing Remarks
Visit planforpa.com for additional information about the Plan4PA and www.pahouse.com/policycommittee for Policy Committee materials.
The media and public are invited to attend.