House Democratic Policy Committee to hold virtual hearing on voting issues Thursday
HARRISBURG, Oct. 5 – State Rep. Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster, announced today that the House Democratic Policy Committee will hold a public hearing on voting issues.
The hearing will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 8. The media and public can watch the livestream at www.pahouse.com/live.
Requested by state Rep. Melissa Shusterman, D-Chester/Montgomery, the hearing will feature testimony from county and state officials about their preparation for the general election. Testifiers and legislators will speak remotely.
Testifiers will include:
- Jonathan Marks, deputy secretary for elections & commission, Pennsylvania Department of State.
- Bill Turner, acting director, Chester County Voter Services.
- Sara Mullen, associate director/director of advocacy & policy, ACLU PA.
- Lauren Cristella, chief advancement officer, The Committee of Seventy.
- Carol Kuniholm, vice president of government and social policy, League of Women Voters of Pennsylvania.
Following the hearing, testimonies and full hearing video will be posted at www.pahouse.com/policycommittee.