Sturla to discuss workforce development at House Democratic Policy Committee roundtable Tuesday in Lancaster
LANCASTER, March 1 – As part of the House Democratic Caucus’ Plan4PA, Policy Committee Chairman Mike Sturla, D-Lancaster, will host a House Democratic Policy Committee roundtable on workforce development.
The roundtable discussion will take place at 3 p.m. Tuesday, March 6 at Tec Centro, 102 Chester St., Lancaster. The media and public are invited to attend.
Sturla requested this meeting to collect input on how to improve workforce development. The discussion will feature local leaders, policy experts and state legislators from all across the state.
The current agenda is:
3:00 p.m. Welcome and Opening Remarks
3:10 p.m. Discussion with Panelists:
- Jerry Oleksiak, secretary, Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry
- Carlos Graupera, executive director, Spanish American Civic Association
- Cathy Rychalsky, executive director, Lancaster County Workforce Development Board
- Bob Shoemaker, project executive, Lancaster City Alliance
- Tom Baldridge, president & CEO, Lancaster Chamber
- Scott Fiore, vice president/partner, TriStarr Staffing
- Vanessa Philbert, household stability impact team leader, Community Action Partnership
- Dr. Zoann Parker, vice president for academic affairs, Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology
- Victor Ramos, vice president, HACC-Lancaster and Lebanon Campuses
- Victor Rodgers, associate provost for workforce development and continuing education, HACC
- Matt Johnson, Mayor’s chief of staff, City of Lancaster
4:50 p.m. Closing Remarks
Visit www.planforpa.pahouse.com for additional information about the Plan4PA and www.pahouse.com/policycommittee for Policy Committee materials.