Now open for applications: Child abuse and neglect prevention funding and business site development opportunities
STATE PROGRAMS NOW OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS:
Pennsylvania Department of Human Services: Children’s Trust Fund (Funding Source: Children’s Trust Fund)
Who Can Apply: Any organization located and operating in Pennsylvania that provides direct services and meets the criteria in the Request for Application is eligible to apply.
Use: To promote primary and secondary child abuse and neglect prevention programs in community-based settings.
Funds: Up to $50,000 per year for up to three years. There is a minimum local match requirement of 25 percent of the requested grant award for the first year and a minimum local match 50 percent of the requested grant award for the second and third grant years.
Application Deadline: January 13
More Information: Click on http://www.emarketplace.state.pa.us/Solicitations.aspx?SID=RFA%2017-21.
Commonwealth Financing Authority: Business in Our Sites (Funding Source: Business in Our Sites Program Account – loan repayments)
Who Can Apply: Municipalities, redevelopment authorities, municipal authorities, industrial development authorities and private developers.
Use: For the acquisition and development of key sites for future use by businesses, private developers, and others. Funds must be used on previously utilized or undeveloped sites which demonstrate substantial likelihood of future use after the property is made shovel ready. The program is designed to create an inventory of shovel-ready sites so projects must be speculative.
Funds: Grants and loans. No maximum or minimum loan amount. However, the amount of the grant may not exceed $4,000,000 or 40% of the total combined grant and loan award, whichever is less. Private developers are only eligible for loans.
Application Deadline: March 31
More Information: Click on https://dced.pa.gov/programs/business-in-our-sites-grants-and-loans-bos/.
UPCOMING APPLICATION DEADLINES:
DDAP Substance Use Disorder Drop-In Centers: December 13 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Existing drop-in centers in Allegheny, Philadelphia, Bucks, Delaware, and Montgomery counties. Single County Authorities (SCAs) are not eligible to apply, nor are DDAP-licensed treatment providers. - To expand drop-in center services for individuals with substance use disorder (SUD) in areas of the commonwealth experiencing high overdose deaths.
DEP Alternative Fuels Incentive Grant: December 17 (Funding Source: General Fund)
- School districts, municipal authorities, municipalities, nonprofits, private businesses. - Purchase or retrofit vehicles to operate on alternative fuels, purchase and install refueling equipment, and research or develop new technologies.
L&I Digital Literacy and Workforce Development Grants: December 21 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Local workforce development boards, non-profit agencies (community-based organizations, faith-based organizations, etc.) or small businesses meeting certain criteria (see program guidelines). - To provide digital literacy classes emphasizing career development skills, including digital fundamentals, digital job seeking, digital citizenship, and digital information.
PCCD Pennsylvania Academic and Career/Technical Training (PACTT) Grants: December 22 (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Residential facilities, community-based, and/or juvenile probation office providers that are PACTT Affiliates primarily serving adjudicated delinquent youth. - To advance academic and career/technical training among adjudicated youth receiving services while in residential facilities, from community-based providers, and through juvenile probation departments.
Fish and Boat Commission Boating Facility Grant: December 30 (Funding Source: Boat Fund)
- Who May Apply: Public entities, such as townships, boroughs, municipal and county governments, as well as nonprofit groups (501c3) including land trusts, conservancies and watershed associations that have or will have the capability to provide boat access facilities that are open and available for general public use. - To provide funding for the planning, acquisition, development, expansion and rehabilitation of public boating facilities located on the waters of the Commonwealth.
Fish and Boat Commission Erie Access Improvement Grant: December 30 (Funding Source: Fish Fund)
- Government entities and other nonprofit, sporting, conservation and watershed organizations as well as Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR)-designated State Heritage Areas. - To address acquisition and development needs in the Erie watershed.
DEP 2020 Recycling Performance Grants: December 30 (Funding Source: Environmental Stewardship Fund)
- Any municipality with a recycling program in 2020. - Municipal recycling programs.
L&I Veterans Employment Program: December 30 (Funding Sources: General Fund & Reemployment Fund)
- Local workforce development boards, non-profit and non-governmental entities, community-based organizations, education and post-secondary organizations, labor organizations, business associations, and economic development entities. There is a special emphasis on the following counties with the highest veteran unemployment rates: Beaver, Delaware, Fayette, Lackawanna, Clearfield, and Lycoming counties. - To implement a veterans employment program.
DEP State Clean Diesel Grant Program: January 7, 2022 (Funding Source: Federal Funding and State Mitigation Trust-Volkswagen Emissions Settlement)
- Pennsylvania Businesses, Incorporated Nonprofits, State, Local, or Tribal Government Agencies, Air Quality or Transportation Organizations, Metropolitan or Rural/Regional Transportation Planning Organizations, and Federal Government Agencies. - Diesel emission reduction projects, including, but not limited to: verified exhaust controls; engine upgrades and certified remanufacture systems; verified idle reduction technologies; certified engine replacements; aerodynamic technologies; and/or certified vehicle or equipment replacement. Eligible diesel vehicles, engines, and equipment may include buses, medium-duty or heavy-duty trucks, nonroad engines, equipment or vehicles (used in construction, cargo handling, agriculture, mining or energy production), marine engines and locomotive engines.
PennDOT Green Light-Go Program: January 14, 2022 (Funding Source: Motor License Fund)
- Municipalities and metropolitan or rural planning organizations. - To be used for the operation and maintenance of traffic signals along critical and designated corridors on state highways.
Pennsylvania Council on the Arts Arts Organizations & Arts Programs (AOAP): January 18, 2022 (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Nonprofit, tax-exempt corporations, a unit of government, or school district providing arts programming and/or arts services. - To provide consistent levels of artistic programming and/or arts services in Pennsylvania.
Pennsylvania Council on the Arts Pennsylvania Partners in the Arts (PPA) Program Stream: January 18, 2022 (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Arts organizations. - To provide artistic programming and/or arts services in Pennsylvania.
PCCD/PSU Child Maltreatment Solutions Network Project Safe and Smart Solicitation: January 24, 2022 (Funding Source: State Endowment Act Funds)
- Community-based organizations and school entities are eligible to apply for the project. - To implement a pilot prevention research project that includes the school-based program Safe Touches and a parent education program, Smart Parents.
U.S. Health Resources & Services Administration Rural Health Network Development Planning: January 28, 2022 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Public or private, non-profit or for-profit entities, including faith-based, community-based, tribes and tribal organizations. - To support the planning and development of integrated health care networks seeking to expand access and improve quality of care in rural communities.
DEP DC Fast Charging and Hydrogen Fueling Grant Program: January 31, 2022 (Funding Source: State Mitigation Trust-Volkswagen Emissions Settlement)
- Pennsylvania Businesses, Incorporated Nonprofits, State, Local, or Tribal Government Agencies, Air Quality or Transportation Organizations, Metropolitan or Rural/Regional Transportation Planning Organizations, and Federal Government Agencies. - To install DC fast charging or hydrogen fueling equipment in community hubs, transportation corridors and destinations, as defined in the Program Guidelines.
OCDEL American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Stabilization Grants: January 31, 2022 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Licensed childcare providers. - One-time grants for operational expenses and costs related to the impacts of COVID-19.
Pennsylvania Council on the Arts Preserving Diverse Cultures: January 31, 2022 (Letter of interest) March 14, 2022 (Application) (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Unincorporated ensembles, artists’ cooperatives, organizations in need of restructuring or social service, community and non-arts organizations interested in cultivating professionally staffed arts programs. - To support the creation, development and stabilization of organizations, programs and projects whose mission and artistic work are deeply rooted in and reflective of the perspectives of Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC).
Pennsylvania Council on the Arts Arts in Education (AIE) Long-Term Residency Program: February 1, 2022 (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Schools, institutions, arts organizations, government agencies, local arts agencies, institutions of higher education and other not-for-profit, tax-exempt organizations with 501(c)(3) status. - To provide long-term, in-depth interactions between professional teaching artists, students, teachers and others through workshops and classes sponsored by schools, nonprofit organizations, units of government and other institutions.
Pennsylvania Council on the Arts Entry to Arts Organizations and Arts Programs (AOAP): February 15, 2022 (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation, a unit of government, or school district, providing arts programming and/or arts services with an average annual revenue of $200,000. - To support eligible arts organizations and arts programs that have a history of at least one year of consistent arts/cultural programming.
Pennsylvania Council on the Arts Entry to Program Stream: February 15, 2022 (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Nonprofit organizations, units of government, schools, departments of colleges and universities, and un-incorporated groups – applying through a fiscal sponsor - with annual revenues less than $200,000. - To provide general operating support for small arts organizations and programs.
DEP Agriculture Energy Efficiency Rebate Program: March 31, 2022 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Pennsylvania agricultural producers. - Rebates for LED lighting (interior or exterior), variable frequency drives for milk vacuum pumps, and variable frequency drives for ventilation fans.
Pennsylvania Council on the Arts Folk and Traditional Arts Apprenticeship Grants: April 18, 2022 (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Artists. - To investigate, document, present, sustain, and promote the folk and traditional art of Pennsylvania in order to celebrate diverse heritage.
Agriculture Farm Vitality Planning Grants: Until funds are expended. (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Farmers and prospective farmers. - Organic transition planning assistance, as well as professional services to assist with business planning, efficient transitions of farm ownership, strategic farm expansion, product diversification, and financial and technical expertise in order to enhance the long-term vitality of PA farms.
DEP Alternative Fuel Vehicle Rebates: Until funds are expended. (Funding Source: Alternative Fuels Incentive Grants Fund)
- Pennsylvania residents who purchase/lease a new or used alternative fuel vehicle with a purchase price of $50,000 or less. Businesses are not eligible. - To defray costs of purchasing a battery electric vehicle (BEV), hydrogen fuel cell vehicle (HFCV), plug-in hybrid electric vehicle, electric motorcycle, natural gas vehicle, or propane vehicle.
DEP Small Business Advantage Grant Program: Until funds are expended. (Funding Source: Recycling Fund & Hazardous Sites Cleanup Fund)
- Registered Pennsylvania for-profit businesses with 100 or fewer full-time equivalent employees and which are taxed as a for-profit business. - To purchase energy efficient or pollution prevention equipment or adopt waste reduction processes.
DHS Indoor Air Management Strategies for Long Term Care: Until funds are expended. (Funding Source: American Rescue Plan Act Funds)
- Long term care nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, and personal care homes. - Indoor air management strategies in long-term care facilities aimed at reducing the risk of transmission of and occupant exposure to COVID-19.
Pennsylvania Council on the Arts Statewide Creative Catalyst Grants: Until funds are expended. (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Nonprofit, tax-exempt corporations, a unit of government; college or university; school district or non-arts nonprofit providing arts programming and/or arts services in Pennsylvania. - To strengthen Pennsylvania communities through the arts, connect and increase Pennsylvanians’ access to lifelong learning through the arts, and to champion public awareness and appreciation of the arts in Pennsylvania communities.
Pennsylvania Council on the Arts Creative Entrepreneur Accelerator Program: Until funds are expended. (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Creative entrepreneurs must operate in the creative industry, be at least 18 years old, a current resident of PA for one year, and (if applicable) manage a business with gross revenue of less than $200,000. - To pair access to existing small business consulting services with financial resources for creative entrepreneurs who aspire to start their own for-profit business or who operate an existing for-profit micro business.
PA Governor’s Office/United Way of PA Local Innovations in Vaccine Equity in Pennsylvania project (LIVE PA): No Deadline Provided (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Any faith-based and non-profit organizations with a goal of administering COVID-19 vaccinations, as well as COVID-19 education and outreach. - To host and promote vaccination events. Additional vaccines may also be requested.
PEMA Public Assistance Program: No Deadline Provided (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- State agencies, local government organizations, and certain private nonprofit organizations that incurred costs or damages as a direct result of a federally declared disaster. The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania serves as the direct liaison between the federal government and all applicants requesting federal disaster assistance. - To provide cost reimbursement aid for incurred costs or damages as a direct result of a federally declared disaster.
DHS American Rescue Plan Act Funding for Long-Term Care Providers: No Deadline Provided (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Nursing facilities, personal care homes, and assisted living residences in DHS’ Office of Long-Term Living (OLTL) system. - For COVID-19-related costs.