Pisciottano presents flags to fire departments in remembrance of September 11 attacks
DRAVOSBURG, Sept. 10 – In remembrance of the fallen and the first responders who risked their lives on Sept. 11, 2001, state Rep. Nick Pisciottano on Thursday evening presented flags flown over the U.S. Capitol to fire departments across the 38th Legislative District.
“As I reflect on the events of 9/11 and remember the fallen, I also want to honor the heroism of the first responders who risked their lives to save others,” said Pisciottano, D-Allegheny. “My appreciation extends to our first responders here at home, who volunteer to dedicate their time and risk their lives to keeping our communities safe.”
Pisciottano and a representative from Congressman Mike Doyle’s office presented flags and certificates of appreciation from the Architect of the Capitol to the following fire departments:
- Liberty Borough Volunteer Fire Department
- Port Vue Vigilant Hose #1 Volunteer Fire Department
- Glassport Citizens Volunteer Hose #1 VFD
- Pleasant Hills Volunteer Fire Co.
- Broughton Volunteer Fire Co.
- Library Volunteer Fire Co.
- Whitehall Borough Volunteer Fire Co.
- Dravosburg Volunteer Fire Department #1
- South Baldwin Volunteer Fire Department
- Option Independent Fire Co.
- Baldwin Independent Volunteer Fire Co. #1
- West Mifflin #1 “Homeville” Volunteer Fire Co.
- West Mifflin #2 “Duquesne Annex” Volunteer Fire Co.
- West Mifflin #3 Volunteer Fire Co.
- West Mifflin #4 “Skyview” Volunteer Fire Co.
“Our local fire departments are the heart of our communities,” Pisciottano said. “I’m proud to have been able to visit with these departments and present flags that serve as a reminder of our gratitude and respect for the work they do every day.”
Editors/Assignment Desks: Photos of Thursday’s flag presentations are available at this link.