Ciresi highlights $770K in restaurant industry relief for 146th
HARRISBURG, July 16 – Rep. Joe Ciresi, D-Montgomery, applauded the award of $770,000 in COVID-19 Hospitality Industry Recovery Program (CHIRP) funding to 19 businesses in the 146th district.
“I am very glad that this critical funding has been awarded, as I repeatedly sponsored legislation to provide life-supporting financial aid to help our struggling restaurants and local businesses during the pandemic,” Ciresi said. “Our restaurants and bars bore the brunt of the pandemic’s economic devastation when they closed down to protect their patrons’ and employees’ health. We owe them a huge debt of gratitude and the financial support necessary to get back on their feet after a brutal year. This CHIRP funding will help them do that.”
The funding was distributed to the following businesses:
- Sly Fox Hospitality Group (Pottstown Borough) - $40,000.
- Pottstown Center King Buffet, Inc. (Pottstown Borough) - $50,000.
- S&B Event Concepts and Catering (Perkiomen Township) - $30,000.
- Limerick Airport Hotel, Inc. (Limerick Township) - $50,000.
- iCreate Cafe (Pottstown Borough) - $30,000.
- Trappe Tavern, Inc. (Trappe Borough) - $40,000.
- Aye Caramba Taco, Inc. (Pottstown Borough) - $35,000.
- KDC Enterprises (Lower Pottsgrove Township) - $35,000.
- Latitude Hotels Group Royersford, L.P. (Limerick Township) - $50,000.
- Crate Ale House (Limerick Township) - $50,000.
- Leodave Inc., dba Jack Cassidy's Irish Pub (Pottstown Borough) - $50,000.
- PAK Good, LLC, dba Lakeview Cafe (Limerick Township) - $30,000.
- WIN Global Investment LLC, dba The Blue Elephant (Pottstown Borough) - $40,000.
- Buckman Beverage LLC, dba Stickman Brews (Limerick Township) - $40,000.
- Copperfield Inn, LLC (Limerick Township) - $40,000.
- SunnyBrook, LLC (Lower Pottsgrove Township) - $40,000.
- Limerick Hotel Corp (Limerick Township) - $40,000.
- Tom's Bar & Grille Inc. (Royersford Borough) - $40,000.
- Robert Ryan Catering (Perkiomen Township) - $40,000.
Last year, Gov. Tom Wolf secured $145 million in funding, supported by Ciresi, to help businesses adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Since then, the commonwealth has worked with counties and economic development partners to quickly send assistance to the hospitality industry.
As of May 13, 2021, all program funds were allocated. The Redevelopment Authority of Montgomery County notified all awardees of their grant awards.