State programs now open for applications
STATE PROGRAMS NOW OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS:
Pennsylvania Office of the Budget: Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program (RACP) (Funding Source: General Obligation Debt)
Who May Apply: Entities that have a project itemized in a Capital Budget Itemization Act from the past 10 years. List of eligible projects can be found here: Itemized Project Eligible for Funding.
Use: The acquisition and construction of regional economic, cultural, civic, recreational, and historical improvement projects that have a regional or multi-jurisdictional impact and generate substantial increases or maintain current levels of employment, tax revenues, or other measures of economic activity. RACP projects are state-funded projects that cannot obtain primary funding under other state programs.
Funds: Projects must have a $1 million minimum project cost and a 50% match (state funds cannot be used as match).
Application Deadline: August 19, 2022
More Information: Click on https://www.budget.pa.gov/Programs/RACP/Pages/Main%20Page.aspx.
UPCOMING APPLICATION DEADLINES:
DDAP Pregnancy Support Services Grant: July 29, 2022 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Any entity that is able to serve pregnant or postpartum women in recovery from SUD. - To provide support services to pregnant women and postpartum women in recovery from Substance Use Disorder (SUD).
PHMC Historical & Archival Records Care (HARC) Program: August 1, 2022 (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Historical records repositories such as: historical societies; libraries; universities; local governments; and school districts. - To support collections care, including surveying; inventorying; preserving; arranging; and describing historical records significant to Pennsylvania, as well as for records reformatting and equipment.
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development: Lead Hazard Reduction Grant Program: August 8, 2022 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- States, cities, counties/parishes, Native American Tribes or other units of local government. - To identify and control lead-based paint hazards in eligible privately-owned rental or owner-occupied housing populations.
U.S. Centers for Disease Control: Strengthening U.S. Public Health Infrastructure, Workforce, and Data Systems: August 15, 2022 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- State, county, and municipal governments. - To support public health agencies for critical infrastructure needs related to workforce, foundational capabilities, and modernizing public health data systems..
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Clean School Bus Rebates: August 19, 2022 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- State and local governmental entities that provide bus service, including public school districts; For-profit, not-for-profit, or nonprofit entities that have the capacity to (1) sell clean or ZE school buses or related charging or fueling infrastructure to school bus owners or (2) arrange financing for such a sale; Nonprofit school transportation associations; Indian tribes, tribal organizations, or tribally controlled schools responsible for the purchase of school buses or providing school bus service for a Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) funded school. - To replace existing school buses with zero-emission and low-emission models.
DEP Alternative Fuels Incentive Grant: August 26, 2022 and December 16, 2022 (Funding Source: General Fund)
- School districts, municipalities, nonprofit organizations, and businesses in Pennsylvania. - To assist in a transition to cleaner fuel transportation.
PCCD Statewide Victim Witness Training Project 2023: August 26, 2022 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Any organization that can demonstrate a history of providing services and/or training to victim advocates. - To continue the Statewide Victim Witness Training Project for victim advocates who provide direct services to victims of crime and others who work to provide services to victims of crime.
PCCD 2023-24 Medical Marijuana Act Enforcement Grant: September 1, 2022 (Funding Source: Medical Marijuana Program Fund)
- Municipalities and regional police departments proposing to implement projects and programs that directly address the enforcement of the Medical Marijuana Act. - To support drug recognition expert (DRE) training, related education, training, and awareness programs, and other related enforcement activities.
DEP Electric Cargo Handling Grant Program: September 23, 2022 (Funding Source: Volkswagen Settlement Funding)
- Businesses, Incorporated Nonprofits, State, Local, or Tribal Government Agencies, Air Quality or Transportation Organizations, Metropolitan or Rural/Regional Transportation Planning Organizations, and Federal Government Agencies. - To improve the Commonwealth’s air quality by reducing NOX emissions from diesel-powered forklifts, airport ground support equipment (GSE), and port cargo handling equipment by replacing them with all-electric equipment.
U.S. HUD Continuum of Care Supplemental to Address Unsheltered and Rural Homelessness: October 20, 2022 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Nonprofit providers, states, and local governments. - To quickly rehouse homeless individuals, families, persons fleeing or attempting to flee domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking, and youth while minimizing the trauma and dislocation caused by homelessness; to promote access to and effective utilization of mainstream programs by homeless individuals and families; and to optimize self-sufficiency among those experiencing homelessness.
DHS Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Quality Improvement Program: December 31, 2022 or until funds are expended (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- An entity enrolled with the Department’s OLTL as a Medical Assistance provider type 59 and have a signed OLTL-HCBS Waiver Agreement and be actively rendering services to participants in the CHC or OBRA waiver programs or both as of the date of May 1, 2022. - To help HCBS providers implement projects to improve the quality of services provided to individuals in the CHC and the OBRA waiver programs.
DDAP/DCED Pennsylvania’s Recovery Housing Program: Until funds are expended. (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Any entity registered with the Pennsylvania Department of State which is able to provide recovery housing for individuals recovering from substance use disorder (SUD). - To provide safe housing for individuals in recovery from a substance use disorder (SUD).
Agriculture Farm Vitality Planning Grants: Until funds are expended. (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Farmers and prospective farmers. - Organic transition planning assistance, as well as professional services to assist with business planning, efficient transitions of farm ownership, strategic farm expansion, product diversification, and financial and technical expertise in order to enhance the long-term vitality of PA farms.
DEP Alternative Fuel Vehicle Rebates: Until funds are expended. (Funding Source: Alternative Fuels Incentive Grants Fund)
- Pennsylvania residents who purchase/lease a new or used alternative fuel vehicle with a purchase price of $50,000 or less. Businesses are not eligible. - To defray costs of purchasing a battery electric vehicle (BEV), hydrogen fuel cell vehicle (HFCV), plug-in hybrid electric vehicle, electric motorcycle, natural gas vehicle, or propane vehicle.
DEP Small Business Advantage Grant Program: Until funds are expended. (Funding Source: Recycling Fund & Hazardous Sites Cleanup Fund)
- Registered Pennsylvania for-profit businesses with 100 or fewer full-time equivalent employees and which are taxed as a for-profit business. - To purchase energy efficient or pollution prevention equipment or adopt waste reduction processes.
DHS Indoor Air Management Strategies for Long Term Care: Until funds are expended. (Funding Source: American Rescue Plan Act Funds)
- Long term care nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, and personal care homes. - Indoor air management strategies in long-term care facilities aimed at reducing the risk of transmission of and occupant exposure to COVID-19.
Pennsylvania Council on the Arts Statewide Creative Catalyst Grants: Until funds are expended. (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Nonprofit, tax-exempt corporations, a unit of government; college or university; school district or non-arts nonprofit providing arts programming and/or arts services in Pennsylvania. - To strengthen Pennsylvania communities through the arts, connect and increase Pennsylvanians’ access to lifelong learning through the arts, and to champion public awareness and appreciation of the arts in Pennsylvania communities.
Pennsylvania Council on the Arts Creative Entrepreneur Accelerator Program: Until funds are expended. (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Creative entrepreneurs must operate in the creative industry, be at least 18 years old, a current resident of PA for one year, and (if applicable) manage a business with gross revenue of less than $200,000. - To pair access to existing small business consulting services with financial resources for creative entrepreneurs who aspire to start their own for-profit business or who operate an existing for-profit micro business.
Pennsylvania Office of the State Fire Commissioner Fire and Emergency Medical Services Loan Program: No Deadline Provided (Funding Source: Fire and Emergency Medical Services Loan Fund)
- Fire and emergency medical services companies. - To support the acquisition, rehabilitation, or improvement of apparatuses, facilities, and equipment.
DHS Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP): No Deadline Provided (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Households that are in emergency situations maintain essential water access. Crisis situations include: past-due water bills; termination of water service; or, threat of termination of water service in the next 60 days. - To help families who have overdue water bills or at risk of losing water service for their home.
PEMA Public Assistance Program: No Deadline Provided (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- State agencies, local government organizations, and certain private nonprofit organizations that incurred costs or damages as a direct result of a federally declared disaster. The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania serves as the direct liaison between the federal government and all applicants requesting federal disaster assistance. - To provide cost reimbursement aid for incurred costs or damages as a direct result of a federally declared disaster.
DHS American Rescue Plan Act Funding for Long-Term Care Providers: No Deadline Provided (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Nursing facilities, personal care homes, and assisted living residences in DHS’ Office of Long-Term Living (OLTL) system. - For COVID-19-related costs.
PHFA Homeowners Assistance Fund: No Deadline Provided (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Owner-occupied homeowners who experienced a financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic after January 21, 2020. - To assist Pennsylvania homeowners facing financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic.