Kosierowski announces district office closing to public effective March 16
HARRISBURG, March 13 – State Rep. Bridget M. Kosierowski, D-Lackawanna, is alerting residents that her district office will close to the public and operations will be by telephone and email only starting Monday, March 16 to reduce the potential spread of COVID-19.
“As both a registered nurse and a legislator I understand how necessary this step is to keep our residents and my staff safe and prevent the virus from spreading,” Kosierowski said. “I am continuing to monitor COVID-19 with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the PA Department of Health, and the Lackawanna County State Health Center.”
Kosierowski added that residents are advised to take precautions to protect themselves from COVID-19, such as:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (time to sing the Happy Birthday song twice).
- Cover coughs and sneezes with your elbow or use a tissue. Do not use your hands.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not readily available.
- Clean surfaces frequently, including countertops, light switches, cell phones, remotes, door handles, stair rails and other frequently touched items.
- Avoid touching your hands to your face, eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or disinfectant wipe.
- If you are sick, it is safer to stay home until you are feeling better, and if you are concerned with symptoms or contact, check with your primary care provider.
For additional information, please visit Kosierowski's website (www.RepBridget.com), social media (http://www.facebook.com/RepBridget) or Twitter (twitter.com/RepBridget). You also may call her office at 570-562-2350. Kosierowski also recommended everyone follow the state Department of Health's website for the latest information on COVID-19.