Keystone Communities, Fish & Boat Education, and School-to-Work grant programs now open for applications
STATE GRANT PROGRAMS NOW OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS:
Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development: Keystone Communities (Funding Source: General Fund)
Who May Apply: Municipalities, counties, redevelopment authorities, housing authorities, economic development organizations, housing corporations, community development corporations, business improvement districts, neighborhood improvement districts, downtown improvement districts.
Use: A variety of community and economic development uses to revitalize/stabilize/grow neighborhoods and communities and encourage social and economic diversity, including planning activities, façade grant programs, accessible housing programs, and development grants.
Funds: Planning grants up to $25,000, KC implementation and façade up to $50,000, development and public improvement up to $500,000, accessible housing up to $300,000. Most grants have a $1-for-$1 match requirement.
Application Deadline: April 2
More Information: Click on https://dced.pa.gov/programs/keystone-communities-program-kcp/. Discussion with DCED Regional Office highly encouraged prior to applying: https://dced.pa.gov/dced-regional-offices/.
Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Commission: R3 (Recruitment, Retention, and Reactivation) Education Grant Program (Funding Source: PA Fish & Boat Commission)
Who May Apply: School districts, universities and colleges, community and civic groups, sportsmen’s and conservation organizations, and local recreation departments.
Use: The development and delivery of education programs to retain and/or reactivate former anglers and boaters and to recruit new anglers and boaters, especially under-represented populations. Existing programs will only be eligible for funding to expand their programs.
Funds: Will reimburse up to $25,000 for eligible program expenses for the period ending June 30, 2022. The grants require a minimum of 25% cash or in-kind match of staff time and/or other project expenses. Requests for amounts greater than $25,000 may be considered.
Application Deadline: April 12
More Information: Click on https://www.fishandboat.com/Transact/Grants/Pages/R3GrantProgram.aspx.
Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry: School-to-Work Program (Funding Source: Reemployment Fund - State)
Who May Apply: An entity that is, or will be, registered with the department as a pre-apprenticeship program. The applicant must partner with at least one school in a school district, charter school, regional charter school, cyber charter school, intermediate unit or career and technical school.
Use: To create learning opportunities for participating students, including classroom training, workplace visits, internships, apprenticeships, mentorships, employment opportunities, special education transition, Capstone Cooperative Education, job shadowing or externships.
Funds: Grants will be awarded in maximum increments of $250,000. A total of $2.6 million is available statewide.
Application Deadline: April 14 at 4 PM
More Information: Click on https://www.dli.pa.gov/Businesses/Workforce-Development/grants/Pages/default.aspx.
UPCOMING APPLICATION DEADLINES:
PDE Office of Commonwealth Libraries-Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Professional Development Training Grant: Open until Funds Depleted (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- State aided public libraries and academic libraries. - To bring virtual training to your organization or for individual library workers to attend virtual professional development training.
PCCD Capital Case Indigent Defense: March 15 (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Counties. - Expenses to enhance defense strategies for indigent individuals in capital cases.
PA Council on the Arts Preserving Diverse Cultures – Strategies for Success: March 15 (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Nonprofit organizations whose mission and artistic work are rooted in and reflective of BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Color) art, culture, history and heritage. - Organizational development.
DEP Driving PA Forward - Marine and Rail Freight Movers Grant Program: March 19 (Funding Source: State Mitigation Trust-Volkswagen Emissions Settlement)
- School districts, municipal authorities, political subdivisions, nonprofit entities, corporations, limited liability companies or partnerships, air quality or transportation organizations, and metropolitan or rural planning organizations. - Projects to repower or replace diesel-powered, pre-Tier 4 freight switcher locomotives, and projects to repower or upgrade unregulated, Tier 1 or Tier 2, diesel-powered marine engines in ferries or tugboats.
PA Council on the Arts Creative Communities: March 19 (Funding Source: General Fund)
- Unit of government, nonprofit 501(c)3 or 501(c)6) organization. - To provide multi-year funding to community-driven, arts-based projects.
PCCD/DDAP-2021 SBIRT Projects in Postsecondary Institutions: March 23 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- Public or nonprofit postsecondary institutions. – To prevent and address substance misuse on college and university campuses.
PCCD Endowment Act-Treatment Training: March 26 (Funding Source: State Endowment Act Funds)
- Any for-profit entity, non-profit entity, an entity affiliated with a CAC or MDIT (e.g., public agency or hospital) or unit of local government, including schools, colleges and universities. – To support the training of medical and mental healthcare providers who treat children and adult victims/survivors of child sexual abuse.
PA Agriculture – Farm to School Grant Program: March 30 (Funding Source: General Fund)
- School districts, charter schools, and private schools with pre-K or K-5 classes. – Nutrition education in the classroom, field trips, and other activities.
PA Office of Budget - Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program (RACP): March 31 (Funding Source: General Obligation Debt)
- Entities that have a project itemized in a Capital Budget Itemization Act from the past 10 years. – The acquisition and construction of regional economic, cultural, civic, recreational, and historical improvement projects that have a regional or multi-jurisdictional impact and generate substantial increases or maintain current levels of employment, tax revenues, or other measures of economic activity.
DCNR ATV/Snowmobile Grants: March 31 (Funding Source: ATV and Snowmobile Registrations)
- Municipalities, nonprofits, and for-profit organizations. – Planning, land acquisition, development, rehabilitation, maintenance, equipment, and educational programs related to ATV and/or snowmobile trails and facilities.
DEP Agricultural Plan Reimbursement Program: April 1 (Funding Source: Environmental Stewardship Fund)
- Agricultural operators/landowners in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed (43 counties). - To hire a technical expert to develop plans for manure management, nutrient management, or erosion and sediment control.
DCNR Community Conservation Partnerships Program (C2P2): April 14 (Funding Source: Multiple State and Federal Sources)
- Counties, municipalities, municipal agencies, nonprofit organizations, state heritage areas, prequalified land trusts, for-profit enterprises. - Planning, acquisition, and development of public parks, pools, indoor recreation facilities, playgrounds, motorized and walking trails, river conservation and access, stream buffers, open space conservation, and regional and statewide partnerships.
PA Agriculture Urban Agricultural Infrastructure Grant Program: April 16 (Funding Source: General Fund)
- An individual, partnership, association, business, or municipal government. - Projects that grow agricultural infrastructure in urban food deserts to improve access to fresh, local food and provide opportunities for hands-on learning, community-building, and for people to become social entrepreneurs.
PEMA Nonprofit Security Grant Program: April 20 (Funding Source: Federal Funding)
- 501(c)3 nonprofits, including religious institutions. Must be at a high risk of a terrorist attack. - Target hardening and physical security enhancements.
DEP County Recycling Coordinator Grant Program (Section 903): April 30 (Funding Source: Recycling Fund)
- Counties. - To reimburse 50% of the cost of employing a county recycling coordinator in the previous calendar year.
CFA Abandoned Mine Drainage Abatement and Treatment Program: May 31 (Funding Source: Marcellus Legacy Fund)
- For-Profit Businesses, Municipalities, Councils of Governments, Authorized Organizations, Institutions of Higher Education, Watershed Organizations. - Abatement and treatment of AMD.
CFA Baseline Water Quality Data Program: May 31 (Funding Source: Marcellus Legacy Fund)
- For-Profit Businesses, Municipalities, Councils of Governments, Authorized Organizations, Institutions of Higher Education, Watershed Organizations. - To establish baseline water quality data on private water supplies.
CFA Flood Mitigation Program: May 31 (Funding Source: Marcellus Legacy Fund)
- For-Profit Businesses, Municipalities, Councils of Governments, Authorized Organizations, Institutions of Higher Education, Watershed Organizations. – Flood mitigation projects.
CFA Greenways, Trails, and Recreation Program: May 31 (Funding Source: Marcellus Legacy Fund)
- For-Profit Businesses, Municipalities, Councils of Governments, Authorized Organizations, Institutions of Higher Education, Watershed Organizations. - Projects which involve development, rehabilitation and improvements to public parks, recreation areas, greenways, trails and river conservation.
CFA Orphan and Abandoned Well Plugging: May 31 (Funding Source: Marcellus Legacy Fund)
- For-Profit Businesses, Municipalities, Councils of Governments, Authorized Organizations, Institutions of Higher Education, Watershed Organizations. - Orphan or abandoned well plugging projects.
CFA Sewage Facilities Program: May 31 (Funding Source: Marcellus Legacy Fund)
- For-Profit Businesses, Municipalities, Councils of Governments, Authorized Organizations, Institutions of Higher Education, Watershed Organizations. - Costs associated with the planning work required under Act 537, the Pennsylvania Sewage Facilities Act.
CFA Watershed Restoration and Protection Program: May 31 (Funding Source: Marcellus Legacy Fund)
- For-Profit Businesses, Municipalities, Councils of Governments, Authorized Organizations, Institutions of Higher Education, Watershed Organizations. - Projects which involve the construction, improvement, expansion, repair, maintenance or rehabilitation of new or existing watershed protection Best Management Practices (BMPs).