Green announces almost $2.5 million for local projects
PHILADELPHIA, March 16 – State Rep. Roni Green, D-Phila., announced Thursday that six projects across the district will be receiving funding released by the Commonwealth Financing Authority through two separate grant programs — the Statewide Local Account Program and the Multimodal Transportation Fund Program.
“I’m excited to see the state taking seriously its commitment to investing in infrastructure and community services statewide and in Philadelphia,” Green said. “These projects will help our communities to be healthier and become safer environments.”
Projects receiving money include:
- $89,860 to East Falls Development Corporation for installation of street lighting along Ridge Ave. and Scotts Lane in North Philadelphia.
- $1,000,000 to the Enterprise Center Community Development Corporation for the 52nd St. Streetscape Revitalization Initiative.
- $1,000,000 for the Mann Center — Plaza Renovation and Expansion Project to help with renovations that improve and expand the entryway and box office and plaza.
- $282,140 for Black Doctors Consortium - Imaging Equipment Project to purchase a fixed and mobile x-ray machine, an ultrasound machine and a mammography machine, which will provide a full range of testing and diagnostic imaging services.
- $90,000 for Everything Must Change Building Renovations to renovate four recently purchased properties and open licensed homes to address the chronic homelessness, addiction and mental health challenges of the constituents in the community.
- $37,000 for the City Avenue E-Bike Project to fund the purchase of eight e-bikes, which will provide fast and safe transportation options.